HOB appreciates your visit to this web site ("HOB Website") and your interest in our services and products. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our site. We take care to protect your personal data collected, processed and used during visits to the HOB Website.
By accessing the HOB Website, you accept this Privacy Statement ("Statement").
If you do not agree to this Statement, do not proceed to further web pages of the HOB Website.
This Statement may be updated from time to time. We therefore ask you to consult it on a regular basis. The last line of this Statement below indicates when the Statement was last updated.
Who we are?House of Borse Limited is an online brokerage of investment derivatives offered on a Matched Principal Basis.
What are the purpose and the scope of this Statement?
House of Borse Limited ("HOB" or "We") are committed to safeguarding the personal information that we collect from individuals who use the HOB Website. Accordingly, HOB has developed this Statement to describe how and what type of data will be collected from users of the HOB Website and the purposes for which HOB may collect, share or disclose the data. HOB also outlines reasonable precautions which are taken to keep your data secure.
This Statement applies to any information obtained by HOB through your use of the HOB Website. It is not applicable to any Internet websites controlled by third parties not affiliated with HOB that the HOB Website may link to ("Third Party Sites"). Please review the privacy statements of Third Party Sites as HOB is not responsible for and has no influence on the content or the privacy practices of Third Party Sites.
The terms of this Statement are subject to any additional terms of disclaimers or other contractual terms you have entered into with HOB such as client privacy statements or notices, and any applicable mandatory laws and regulations.
What information do we collect from you and for what purpose?
When you visit the HOB Website, our web server automatically records details about your visit (for example, your IP address, the web site from which you visit us (where applicable), the type of browser software used, the HOB Website pages that you actually visit including the date and the duration of your visit).
In addition, we collect personal data which you provide through the HOB Website, for example when you enter personal details (e.g. name, gender, address, e-mail address, phone/fax number) on a registration page or if you sign up for an email newsletter.
HOB will use your personal data:
- for the purposes of technical administration and research & development of the HOB Website,
- for customer and user administration and marketing,
- to inform you about our services and products, and
- for such purposes as otherwise specified.
HOB respects applicable laws and regulations in its use of personal data.
How do we collect and store information from you?
HOB uses tracking technology such as cookies or tags to gather information as outlined above (see: "What information do we collect from you and for what purpose?") to understand how visitors use the HOB Website.
Tracking technology helps us manage and improve the usability of the HOB Website, for example by detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and to identify the most popular sections of the HOB Website.
When you save your cookie settings, they should also apply to your future visits to the HOB Website. However, for technical reasons beyond HOB’s control, this cannot be guaranteed. For example, if you reset your browser, delete your cookies or access the HOB website from another browser or device your cookie settings may be lost. To comply with applicable laws and regulations, in some countries you may be asked to confirm your cookie settings when you first visit the HOB Website.
If you are in a country where you are automatically required to set your cookie settings, you may be asked to set them again on a future visit.
In many cases you can also control tracking technologies using your browser. Please ensure that your browser setting reflects whether you wish to be warned about and/or accept tracking technologies (such as cookies) where possible. The specific capabilities of your browser and instructions on how to use them can usually be found in the manual or help file of your browser.
Refusing, disabling or deactivating of tracking technologies may result in a reduced availability of the services provided by the HOB Website or parts of the HOB Website may no longer function correctly.
To whom do we disclose your information collected from the HOB Website?
HOB may disclose your information to its affiliates and its and their agents and third-party providers inside or outside your country of residence to perform services for HOB and for the purposes stated above. Our affiliates, agents and third-party providers who have access to personal data obtained through the HOB Website are obliged to respect privacy.
When transferring personal data internationally we make sure that we comply with applicable laws and regulations, for example, by entering into agreements which will ensure that the recipients of your information maintain an adequate level of data protection.
We may also disclose your information to governmental agencies or entities, regulatory authorities, or other persons in line with any applicable law, regulations, court order or official request, or under any and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities, or similar processes as either required or permitted by applicable law.
What are your rights as a data subject?
At any point whilst HOB is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that HOB refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
What information You can request?
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (HOB) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of HOB or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What security measures have we implemented to protect your information collected through the HOB Website?
HOB has implemented reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect and safeguard your personal data collected by HOB via the HOB Website against unauthorized access, misuse, loss or destruction. All data collected is held in the United Kingdom using multiple servers. HOB dos not store personal data outside the EEA.
How do we treat electronic messages sent to and from HOB?
All electronic messages sent to and from HOB are automatically retained in a distinct journaling system which preserves the evidential weight of the e-mails. They are protected by reasonable technical and organisational measures and may only be accessed in justified cases in line with applicable laws and regulations (e.g. court order, suspicion of criminal conduct, violation of regulatory obligations, material breach of employment contract) to specific persons in defined functions (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Risk). Every step of the process, as well as the search criteria used, are logged in an audit trail. All emails are disposed of after the applicable retention period has expired.
What should you consider when sending data over the Internet?
The Internet is generally not regarded as a secure environment, and information sent via the Internet (such as to or from the HOB Website or via electronic message) may be accessed by unauthorized third parties, potentially leading to disclosures, changes in content or technical failures. Even if both sender and receiver are located in the same country, information sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders and be forwarded to a country with a lower data protection level than exists in your country of residence.
Please note that we accept no responsibility or liability for the security of your information whilst in transit over the Internet to HOB. In order to protect your privacy, we would like to remind you that you may choose another means of communication with HOB, where you deem it appropriate.
How do we deal with information from individuals under the age of 18?
The HOB Website does not seek to collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18. Individuals under the age of 18 should receive permission from their parent or legal guardian before providing any personal data to HOB on the HOB Website.
How can you access or review your personal data?
You may, where permitted by applicable law or regulation:
- check whether we hold your personal data,
- ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal data, or
- require us to correct any of your personal data that is inaccurate.
Should you have a request regarding the processing of your personal data please send a letter to the following address:
Data Protection Officer
House of Borse Limited
33 Cavendish Square
Last update in May 2018.